Re: Zantedeschia availability??

  • Subject: Re: Zantedeschia availability??
  • From: "Kathy Kempf" <wont_read101@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:51:04 -0500 (CDT)

All my callas came from a single tuber; as a regular thing, the ones planted
where they receive more than 6 hours of sun/day (full sun) stand up
straight; the ones that receive <1 hour sun/day droop.  The ones that get
from 1-6 hours kind of droop.  I assumed it was more a function of the
amount of sun received rather than dependent on the species.  No, I don't
deliberately place any of mine in full shade; these are mostly volunteers,
or maybe from seed harvested by various insects/rodents and stored that have
later sprouted.  I come across them from time to time.  They seem to survive
our winter here (zone 6) with only the natural leaf mulch in our woodland.