Re: totems for climbers

  • Subject: Re: totems for climbers
  • From: Susan Cox <snalice@cnmnetwork.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:34:19 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Julius,

I would take some 11" coir fibers if I could find some.  They would take
to wrapping nicely around a pole.  Everything I've seen, including OFE's
fibers, looks to be only inches long.  Plus there seems to be chances
mixed in with it.  What else could provide this length, or longer
fiber?  Also, if the fibers are wrapped to the outside of a pole, it
seems they wouldn't be susceptible to rot nearly as much as a stuffed
cylinder which would get less air circulation inside the moss, inside
the cylinder?

susan