Re: Ulearum blooming

  • Subject: Re: Ulearum blooming
  • From: GeoffAroid@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 21:46:52 -0500 (CDT)

tsuh yang,

Yes, my Ulearum is sagittatum courtesy of David Scherberich. Yours is a new
species? (Can you see me drooling already, my skin is a delicate shade of
green.....). Regarding the smell of sumawongii the phenomenon of odours
actually increasing or changing with distance from the source is a common one
and occurs in other organisms too. My other specialty is fungi and several
stinkhorn fungi (Phallus species) smell completely different at a distance
than they do closeup (foul closeup, of hycinth from afar). Perhaps some
change occurs when the molecules are diffused through the air. I believe Amyl
acetate, which is used in the food industry, also tastes and smells very
differently depending upon the concentration.

Regards,
Geoffrey Kibby