Self-pollination in Philodendron

  • Subject: Self-pollination in Philodendron
  • From: Marc Gibernau <gibernau@aurore.cict.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:44:08 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Fellow Aroidophyles,

Just a short message to thank the persons who answer my questions about
spontaneous self-pollination in Philodendron and Homalomena.
In summary, all the answers were negative.
As Philodendron is commonly grown, I assume that if fruit maturation was
common several persons may have observe it.
So it appears that spontaneous self-pollination is rare if not inexistent
in Philodendron (and Homalomena).

Sincerely yours,

Marc Gibernau