Re: Scale on Anthuriums

I constantly deal with scale and aphids on everything as we have a nonstop ant problem in Florida... and if you have a lot of ants here.. you have a lot of scale and such.

What you experienced with the plant not infecting others is common... I beleive (from much experience) that many of these things will stay very "local" on a single plant until they are forced to venture elsewhere.

For example I have a gigantic Acalphia hispida plant growing dead center in my landscaping.  It is the most pest prone plant I have ever seen next to some gingers.... The plant can be covered from top to bottom with scale, aphids, mealybugs(God forbid!) and yet the surrounding plants are clean.