RE: Amorphophallus problem

  • Subject: RE: Amorphophallus problem
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:27:55 -0500 (CDT)

There is the problem of being grown in too low light levels. Other than that there are species that tend to be able to bend very easily, especially when the leaf is developing. It often happens when they get water sprayed on them. Species especially sensitive to that are napalensis, muelleri and krausei, and most Pseudodracontiums. In case of relatively small pots, they may even uproot or fall over entirely. In this case only large enough pots will help.

Wilbert