RE: Shade cloth percentage

Susan:
      The measurement of plastic films in mils in the US refers to
thousandths of an inch.  A 7 mil film is .007 inch thick.  The same thing
is true in the US with other measurements in mils.  The spec on the
distributor points in your car (if it has a distributor) or the spark plug
gap is measured in thousandths and expressed as mils.  Its confusing, since
in other parts of the world, Michael is right mil would refer to
millimeters.

Ron McHatton