Re: Anthurium podophyllum

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium podophyllum
  • From: "Michael Pascall" <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:11:10 -0500 (CDT)

I have had great results using a very free draining mix
lava rock , small bark , coarse sand , peat
with a layer of sphagnum on top to keep the seeds moist .
Once they are a reasonable size repot .
This was the first foliage Anthurium I got .
It came from a very experienced orchid grower , and he used all the old bark
from when he repotted his orchids to grow his Anthuriums . With his constant
fertilizing for his Orchids he got amazing growth on his Anth.podophyllum
seedlings . Good luck .

Michael Pascall,
WHYANBEEL ARBORETUM,F.N.Q,AUSTRALIA