Re: [aroid-l] tubers vs. bulbs vs. corms

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] tubers vs. bulbs vs. corms
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" mmarcotr@email.smith.edu
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:13:24 -0400

I haven't read all the strings of email but I still think konjac is a
corm and it is edible. I've dug up konjacs in the leaf expansion stage
and like a typical corm, the corm is 'absorbed' and a new one forms on
top with roots pulling it in deeper as the season progresses. Are there
still believers that konjac is a tuber?

_______________________________

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College
Lyman Conservatory, 15 College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
www.smith.edu/garden
www.science.smith.edu/~mmarcotr
"Art is the unceasing effort to compete with
     the beauty of flowers and never succeeding."
          Marc Chagall

>>> tricia_frank@hotmail.com 05/07/03 09:00AM >>>
Ginger