Re: [aroid-l] edible corms

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] edible corms
  • From: ken@spatulacity.com
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:23:54 -0400

I'm not sure it was ever really resolved. The reason I'm calling them a corm
is because my friend Matt Opel, soon to receive his PhD in botany from the
University of Connecticut, told me that it's a corm! His explanation to me
was that a corm gets used up and replaced during the growing season, which
is true of Amorphophallus.

If that's the wrong information, don't blame me! I'm a programmer, not a
botanist or a horticulturist...

-Ken