[aroid-l] TitanWatch 5/11/03 Mr. Stinky can't wait, I think he is going to bloom tonight

  • Subject: [aroid-l] TitanWatch 5/11/03 Mr. Stinky can't wait, I think he is going to bloom tonight
  • From: "Craig Allen" callen@fairchildgarden.org
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 18:24:13 -0400

TitanWatch 5/11/03   Mr. Stinky can't wait for tomorrow. It appears the this Amorphophallus titanum is going to open tonight. I went out at 5:30 to get the day's final measurement, which is still 83 inches by the way, an the spathe looks like it is beginning to loosen up. Now, an hour later, it is unmistakable. It's going to be a long night.

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road