Re: [aroid-l] Alocasias for sale (I did not post this)

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Alocasias for sale (I did not post this)
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <peterboyce@myjaring.net>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 07:02:32 +0800

Hi Christian, sorry about the first, aborted, email.

Have been in the field for the past few days, hence the slight delay in responding to your email.

I cannot answer with 100% certainty this because the rules at the US end seem to change and become ever inflexible on an almost weekly basis. I can say is that until recently plants arriving in the US WITH A PHYTO & AN EXPORT LICENCE (as do all of our plant shipments) went through without a hitch and that small packets of seed without any documents also went through without any trouble. In recent weks, however, it seems that folks at US points of entry have stepped up even further security measures and enforcement of regulations such that we recommend that folks ordering plants apply for an import licence, especially if ordering a substantial quantity.

Pete

PS I have cc'd this reply to aroid-l since folks may not be aware that things are becoming stricter with regards importation of ANYTHING into the US.