Re: [aroid-l] unknown Caladium

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] unknown Caladium
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 22:58:56 +0000

From: Mr Eric Schmidt <leu242@yahoo.com>
To: aroid <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Subject: [aroid-l] unknown Caladium
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:50:17 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Eric,

This is my second posting to the list concerning this Caladium, I don`t know why the first has not been posted, but here goes again----this is a var. of the species Caladium bicolor, either commercially produced in Florida, or it might have been 'created' at the nursery of my friend John Banta of Alva, Florida. He and Keith have cross-pollinated to produce some that this one remind me of.
Good Growing,

Julius
WPB,  Florida.
Anyone know what this Caladium might be?

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/leuaroid/detail?.dir=/Aroids&.dnm=888a.jpg

Eric Schmidt Botanic Records Harry P. Leu Gardens 1920 N. Forest Ave. Orlando, FL. 32803 USA USDA Zone 9b eric.schmidt@cityoforlando.net ph. # (407)-246-3749 fax # (407)-246-2849 www.leugardens.org