Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia robusta & Colocasia gigantea

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia robusta & Colocasia gigantea
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 10:25:10 EDT

Colocasia gigantea is MUCH easier to grow..at least for me.  In fact it has become somewhat of a weed.  It is also very hardy to cold temps.  Thin plants out in the spring if you want to get larger plants.  I had one get a 10 foot spread when it wasnt competing with a dozen or so pups around it.   Alocasia robusta gets bigger, but you need to be in a ultra-tropical location for it to attain gigantic proportions.  It also seems more suseptible to rot.  One suggestion for Alocasia robusta....Dont water it unless the soil is very dry.
Aroid-l mailing list