[Aroid-l] amorphophallus bulbifer

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] amorphophallus bulbifer
  • From: "Ágoston János" agoston.janos@citromail.hu
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 23:06:42 +0200

Dear All,
Does anybody have some "unwanted" (=overpropagated) Amorphophallus bulbifer? I've ordered a tuber from a Dutch mail order (for an unreasonable high price), but they send me a rotten one and didn't take my complains, saying that I did things wrong. The second was from the Index Seminum of the Kyoto Botanical Garden, but these were dryed off.
So any help is appriciated. I haven't got so much money becouse I've allready orderesd A. yunnanensis and A. asterostigmatus from Thailand (1 tuber is about 5 kg!)...
But I may send some smaller tubers of Arum maculatum var. inmaculatum 'Variegatum' (picture below) (I named this variety, which was found in the Botanical garden of my University). I only have a few from this, becouse it is in my research. (-> Bulbous plants with ornamental leaves). Amorphophallus would also go into this research...
If anybody can help or you may exchanage plant write me to this mail address.

Aroid-l mailing list