Re: [Aroid-l] Gonatopus boivinii

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Gonatopus boivinii
  • From: "Bluesea" chammer@cfl.rr.com
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 22:47:13 -0400

I'll ditto the part about G. boivinii being invasive. Every leaflet blown off by wind and into leaf litter among plants among my oaks became a tuber and then
a plant. I finally had to hunt every one down and discard, and get rid of every one on the property. I'm still finding them once in awhile, this is the 'Giraffe Knee'
type with mottled petiole. Tubers of this can get quite large.

central Fla
Aroid-l mailing list