RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron ID?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron ID?
  • From: "Tropicals" Tropicals@SolutionsAnalysis.net
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 21:30:03 -0400

Thanks for the comments Russ.  …and you don’t remember Christian being female? <smile> memory jog…

It is definitely not the “autumn”, “prince of orange” as I have and am growing them.  This leaf has strong puckering at the midrib and is all but pointed at the tip.

It is definitely considered more self-heading growth habit but given the thickness of the cane and age of this specimen, it takes on a very short internode somewhat vining habit.  The underside midrib retains the dark pink / red hue and there is evidence of pink which remains on the margin of the leaves. The underside of the leaf retains a much lighter green than the top side.

Hope this assists in reaching a proper ID.

I cannot even imagine the philodendron’s that were crossed to create this beauty!

Making it happen in 2006,

Christian Perkins

AlterNative Solutions,

a Solutions Analysis, Inc. company