When is a rain forest not a rain forest?

  • Subject: When is a rain forest not a rain forest?
  • From: "ExoticRainforest" <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 17:53:27 -0500

Michael, I've only been to Ecuador once and that was 20 years ago.  So I can't speak with any accuracy, but I did receive this note today, "There is a true lowland tropical wet rainforest down near Tinalandia in Ecuador................. so the answer is no to the proposed question. The Choco certainly is a lowland wet forest also."

Steve,  When I was in Costa Rica I noticed plenty of Epiphyllums growing on trees in areas of Tropical Moist Forest.  They grow alongside Philodendron, Rhodospatha,  Monstera,   Anthurium, Syngoinium etc. etc.  NOT a true rain (pluvial) forest,  (Doesnt Colombia contain the only true lowland rainforest in South America?)... but not exactly a dry forest either.

Michael Mattlage

Aroid-L mailing list