Re: Anthurium

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium
  • From: Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:05:07 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Tsuh Yang

I've only grown A. andreanum, A. scherzerianum, and A. clarinervium so far.  All of them have put out side shoots which I detached and rooted after the new shoot had grown a few inches.  Although they did put out the side shoots, it didn't happen as often as I would have liked (with the exception of my A. andreanum, which I think was grown from tissue culture, and it does nothing BUT put out side shoots.  One in particular has so many side shoots coming out, it looks like a pin cushion!!  The problem with it is that it is making so many shoots that none of them grow very vigorously.

Sheldon Hatheway
Canby OR 97013