Re: Wet Pollen

  • Subject: Re: Wet Pollen
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Ted,

I do not know if terrestrial pollen bursts, but, I have wet pollinated cycads for years with great results.  I also wet pollinate Philodendron without a problem.  If terrestrial pollen bursts with water, how does one explain all the terrestrial pollen preserved in bogs, etc? Perhaps we need to define burst and narrow the definition of, terrestrial pollen.