Re: Anthurium

Once mature and a few years old , many Anthuriums develop a tall 'trunk' .
These can be cut up , and sprouts will usually form .
A few months ago , I was forced to chop off the top of a very large Anthurium atropurpureum , as it was to top heavy . Now I have some vigorous sprouts forming on the 50 cm [ 20 "] tall stump I left in the 30 cm [ 12"] tub it was growing in . By spring these should have developed roots of there own, and I should be able to remove them .
Then,  maybe the stump will produce a few more sprouts

Michael Pascall,