Re: An Amorphophallus gigas blooms in California

  • Subject: Re: An Amorphophallus gigas blooms in California
  • From: bonaventure@optonline.net
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 22:21:30 +0000 (GMT)

Great Humifactor!?? No!!!
I hope you get a bloom of a hybrid titanum on gigas-length stem, and it topples over on you.   :-)
PS what aroid genera are grown specifically for blooms (and foliage sometimes, eg Amorphophallus, Anthurium, Arisaema) but not foliage alone?
I am not easily ticked off, I am just being a friendly old man. Hey, I have
several hybrid Amorphs in our own collection.....but I ain't gonna spread
them. They'll die serving science. After their purpose they'll meet with the
Great Humificator!