Amorphophallus konjac hybbrid?

  • Subject: Amorphophallus konjac hybbrid?
  • From: <M.van_Dinther@lumc.nl>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:17:40 +0200

Some years ago I bought an Amorphophallus yunnanensis (according to the label), Now this year it has bloomed and it is definitely not yunnanensis, it (to me) looks more like a hybrid between konjac and perhaps napalensis. I have posted some pictures here : http://s533.photobucket.com/albums/ee340/maartenvandinther/ . I do not have pictures of the leaf, but this does not look like a konjac leaf, the leaflets are much more slender, although not as slender as in napalensis. The petiole looks (as I remember correctly) like the peduncle in the picture. Total size of the inflorescence is 103 cm, peduncle 56 cm, spadix 47 cm.and spathe is 45 cm long, and it smells like rotten meat. Can anybody help me with this, is it really a hybrid? Many thanks.

Maarten van Dinther,

Leiden, The Netherlands

Aroid-L mailing list