Re: (off topic)aroid identification - Spathiphyllum

  • Subject: Re: (off topic)aroid identification - Spathiphyllum
  • From: "Ertelt, Jonathan B" <jonathan.ertelt@Vanderbilt.Edu>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 15:56:02 +0000

From the original discussion over two weeks ago, another voice came in on behalf of cyclanths, a fellow by the name of Adam Black. Since he seemed to have a good sense of the Cyclanth family as well as a real passions for them, I sent him a request for an i.d on what I think is a smaller growing Asplundia I collected in Costa Rica, of course offering him a piece of it if he was interested. But this i.d. request and plant offer was made over a week and a half ago, and so far no response. Given the initial enthusiastic sound, I had expected to hear back much sooner, especially with the offering of a piece of the collection. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jonathan

Jonathan Ertelt, Greenhouse Manager
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN

From: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] on behalf of Peter Boyce [phymatarum@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2015 10:57 PM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] aroid identification - Spathiphyllum

To quote the APG website - my italics: The old Spadiciflorae included those taxa with a spadix and often also a spathe. Families included, Pandanaceae, Cyclanthaceae, Araceae and Arecaceae, are now placed in three immediately unrelated orders, Pandanales, Alismatales and Arecales. Engler (1892) linked Pandanaceae, Arecaceae and Cyclanthaceae.

ps Aroids are in Alismatales; Arecales is the order that includes the Palms.