Re: Aridarum zygosetum S.Y.Wong, S.L.Low & P.C.Boyce

  • Subject: Re: Aridarum zygosetum S.Y.Wong, S.L.Low & P.C.Boyce
  • From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 15:01:23 +0800

That's very sweet of you Hermine, but I hasten to add that I am by no means a "photographer"Â

I carry two cameras. An old-as-the hills 10MP Olympus E-450 with a 1:3.5 macro for general shots, and a 24MP Nikon D-7100 with a 105mm Micro Nikkor for close-ups.ÂAfter a tip from a ginger-fanatic friend who IS a photographer I favour apertaure priority and try to get the fstop as high as possible. I also try not to go any higher than ISO 400 equivalent.ÂI detest carrying loads of gear (tripod,etc) into the woods (I even don't like using a tripod on the nursery), so I also use as fast shutter speed as possible given the light andÂuse flash quite a lot, although on a reduced setting to avoid colour distortion.ÂI tried a ring-flash for a while but found it unbalanced the camera, that the cable got tangled in things like rattans, and that it was also very fragile - for example it didn't take kindly to being bashed against a rock when I was climbing to photograph on waterfalls...

That's about it!

On 5 May 2015 at 05:36, Hermine Stover <hermine@endangeredspecies.com> wrote:
At 07:00 AM 5/4/2015, D. Christopher Rogers wrote:
>That is a lovely plant, Peter!

And the quality of the photographs! I am tempted to smash my own
camera. Seriously.

Aroid-L mailing list

Aroid-L mailing list