Re: Bucephalandra chrysokoupa S.Y.Wong & P.C.Boyce

  • Subject: Re: Bucephalandra chrysokoupa S.Y.Wong & P.C.Boyce
  • From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 11:21:23 +0800

Hello Corey,

So far all the 'small' <flowered> Bucephalandra we have observed are visited by species of Colocasiomyia (Diptera: Drosophilidae). The one exception to date is B. aurantiitheca which has been observed to
be pollinated by a single species of Chrysomelidae (Coleoptera). We have circumstantial evidence (spathe/spadix damage) that B. forcipula is also beetle pollinated.

The large majority of the Bucephalandra offered as aquarium plants are either recently described or undescribed species.

Here are some links to recent publications on the genus.

Kind Regards

Peter