Dieffenbachia oerstedii - ID confirmation requested

  • Subject: Dieffenbachia oerstedii - ID confirmation requested
  • From: "Morse, Clinton" <clinton.morse@uconn.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 17:28:37 +0000

Good afternoon, we have a couple of plants in our collections labelled Dieffenbachia oerstedii Schott that have been here for over 3 decades.  Doing a quick google image search, what I see returned mostly looks a bit different from what we have, although this could certainly be common horticultural selections versus true species.

No original locality data or source of original plants.

Would love it if some of the experts could chime in and confirm this ID or dispute it and offer alternate names for this.  Many thanks in advance..

Clinton Morse - Living Plant Collections Manager
75 North Eagleville Rd., Unit 3043
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-3043
860-486-8941 {office}
860-933-0066 {mobile - emergency only}
Email: clinton.morse@uconn.edu
http://florawww.eeb.uconn.edu/