Betreff: [Aroid-l] looking for A. titanum pollen

Datum: 2016-05-19T23:22:58+0200

Von: "Nancy Greig" <ngreig@hmns.org>

An: "'Discussion of aroids'" <aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com>

Hello fellow aroid lovers,

You may recall that the Houston Museum of Natural Science had an Amorphophallus titanum bloom in 2010.  This year a Houston resident who has a plant in his orchid greenhouse is “loaning” it to us while it is in the blooming phase.  We have installed it in the Butterfly Center and expect it to generate a lot of excitement.  The owner is keen to have us try to pollinate his plant when the time comes.  So – we are looking for viable pollen.  Perhaps some of you have frozen pollen that you would exchange for some of the seeds, if the pollination takes?  We would be very grateful!  Unfortunately the timing with the corpse plant at nearby Moody Gardens was just a little off; their plant has already collapsed.  So we are seeking a stud from farther afield.

Please let me know if any of  you have pollen of Amorphophallus titanum that we could use to attempt to pollinate this plant!  I think ours will open sometime mid next week.  We will of course pay for shipping, etc.  Please contact me via email (ngreig@hmns.org) rather than phone; it is much easier to get hold of me that way!

Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Nancy Greig

Director, Cockrell Butterfly Center

Houston Museum of Natural Science

5555 Hermann Park Drive

Houston, TX  77030-1799

Tel 713-639-4742

www.hmns.org

Gesendet mit Telekom Mail - kostenlos und sicher für alle!