Re: Second bite

Edwardo,
Well I wasn't going to take a third bite, because I recall a conversation
going on about  Philo. inflorescense emiting heat at such an elevated degree,
so as to be able to feel it when passing by,  but now I think I understand
why everyone contemplates chopping off the inflorescence, so the leaf will be
better able to produce the energy
( which it previously made (being autotrophic), and stored in the corm and
the inflorescence does not make (being heterotrophic), but uses) needed to
feed back into the corm.  Is this correct?  I hope you all understand this
sentence, because I'm not sure I do.
Thanks to all,
Sue