Re: Puerto Rico & plants

>At last report Puerto Rico is still protectorates of U.S. as are Guam,
>and the U.S. Virgin Islands in the Carribean. I don't believe there is
>any restrictions on plants or agricultural barriers between there and
>the Mainland of the USA. You could ask the Department of Agriculture for
>a more definitive answer to the question.

The last time I was in P.R. on business, maybe six years ago, I was questioned
about plant removal as I entered the airport on a return trip to Miami. Don't
know why they thought someone wearing a suit would be carrying plants.

I suspect the guy who asked the question actually worked for the state of Florida.
Florida can get tough about bringing in certain undesireable plants. Dewey Fisk
has lots of very interesting stories to relate about his experiences as a plant
inspector for Florida.

Don