Re: Anthurium superbum

You did not say how old your Anthurium is but....  If it is a juvinal, they
will often produce an inflorescence to get the polled spread around...
sort of spreading the genes type thing...  but, as in a lot of other
species, they do not produce fruit till the plant is a bit more mature...
Young plants will produce large quantities of pollen...  but only a mature
plant in good condition will really produce good viable seed....  You did
nothing wrong....

Congratulations on being Speaker at the meeting at FTG later this month...
I will try to make it.

>I have a plant of this that pu tout for the first ime what seems like fertile
>fruit. It has done this before but the inflorescence(using orchid terms) died
>before fruit was produced. I planted much f the berries but after a month
>nothing has happened. I was windering if there is something i would not know
>about getting them to germinate. Thanks for any help.
>Paul Marcellini

              Your source for Tropical Araceae.
                  You are invited to visit: