aglaonema ID?

  • Subject: aglaonema ID?
  • From: Alektra@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 23:12:02 -0600 (CST)

Tonight while walking past a cafeteria restaurant, I saw an amazing Ag which
I had never seen before. It's big-- over a couple of feet tall-- and has
long, creamy ivory petioles that are long and featureless like a round
extension cord. I emphasize that the petioles were ivory, not pink. The
leaves are very highly variegated with stark white on dark green, but mostly
green... no silver. The leaves look sort of like "Stripes" but with white
splatters that make them look almost psychedelic.

This restaurant gets the most amazing plantscape specimens (I'm dying to
steal a piece off a burgundy philodendron vine in a hanging basket) but it's
part of a huge chain, so the workers don't know anything about the plants
that get delivered, watered, and changed on schedule. And I don't think
they'll let me slice a cutting off this Ag! The stems of these plants were
over an inch thick.

Does this sound like any named Ag you know?