Re: aglaonema ID?

  • Subject: Re: aglaonema ID?
  • From: Jmh98law@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:15:36 -0600 (CST)

In a message dated 11/2/2001 12:12:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, Alektra@aol.com writes:

Tonight while walking past a cafeteria restaurant, I saw an amazing Ag which
I had never seen before. It's big-- over a couple of feet tall-- and has
long, creamy ivory petioles that are long and featureless like a round
extension cord. I emphasize that the petioles were ivory, not pink. The
leaves are very highly variegated with stark white on dark green, but mostly
green... no silver. The leaves look sort of like "Stripes" but with white
splatters that make them look almost psychedelic.

* * *

Does this sound like any named Ag you know?

You can perhaps ID it by looking at the photo albums on these websites
:

www.butlersnursery.com

www.sunshinefoliageworld.com

www.berneckers.com

Jeanne Hannah
Traverse City, Michigan

PS. I learned this from Scott Hyndman, who was kind enough to respond to my plea for an ID several years ago.