Re: Extinction and Loss of Habitat

  • Subject: Re: Extinction and Loss of Habitat
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:37:16 -0600 (CST)

----- Original Message -----
From: <Ted.Held@hstna.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 4:02 PM

Dear Ted,

The Do-do?  Passenger pigeon?   Stellar`s sea cow??  The giant Auk?? ALMOST
the American buffalo?  The whooping cranes??  The Tasmanian marsupial
'tiger'?   Need a few more??   Keep up with a 'changeable world"???   Surely
you jest---'pave paradise and put up a parking lot', and I guess we have to
expect all the plants and animals to then 'change' to be able to live on a
barren expanse of cement???

Come ON!

Respectfully,

Julius

>>Am I missing something? Did the big dinosaurs die off because of loss of
habitat? Most species have died out because they are failures of one sort
or another or are not able to keep up with a changeable world. This is
basic Darwin and modern permutations thereof. I think I am safe in saying
this is science.

                    "Ron Iles"
                    <roniles@eirco       To:     Multiple recipients of list
AROID-L
                    m.net>                <aroid-l@mobot.org>
                    Sent by:             cc:
                    aroid-l@mobot.       Fax to:
                    org                  Subject:     Re: Extinction and
Loss of Habitat

                    11/06/01 11:25
                    AM
                    Please respond