Re: [aroid-l] Bognera recondita

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Bognera recondita
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 04:50:56 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mattlagem@aol.com>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 8:20 PM
Subject: [aroid-l] Bognera recondita

I don`t believe anyone here in the USA has this small plant.   You may be
interested to know that last Sept. at the Miami IAS show, Eduardo Goncalves,
the recepient of the Monroe Birdsey Award for excellence, showed us a slide
of this reportedly rare plant in the wild, in that slide the population
literally covered the jungle floor like a ground cover, hundreds or
thousands of plants!   So in its native habitat and under good conditions it
can be a very common plant.    If you find it here in the USA please let me
know, I would not mind adding this one to my group of aroid 'oddities'.

Julius Boos

>>Hi, just wondering if anyone out there is growing this plant or know of a
source (of Bognera recondita).  I also wanted to add the Anchomanes
dalzielii
seeds I recieved a couple of months back have germinated (at least one so
far).  Thanks again Wilbert!
Michael Mattlage