Re: [aroid-l] juvenile vs. adult

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] juvenile vs. adult
  • From: "Harry Witmore" harrywitmore@witmore.net
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:18:02 -0500

This is really common among aroids. I have a Philodendron scandens that is
climbing the side of my greenhouse and the leaves are beginning to get
progressively larger. The leaves now are about 8 inches across. It's also
happening to a Syngonium in the same greenhouse. But' I also have a Monstera
deliciosa that is running across the ground in my greenhouse and the leaf is
about 2 feet across. It was an escapee from a pot. The parent pot leaves are
about 1 foot across.

It's also happening to ivy in my front yard. When it reaches the tops of the
trees, the leaves are considerably larger in size than it is on the ground.

I can happen in a relatively small space but I think the key is how high it
can get and how much light.

Harry Witmore
Cloud Jungle Art
www.witmore.net <http://www.witmore.net>