Re: [aroid-l] Epipremnum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Epipremnum
  • From: Plantman521@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:13:28 EST

Dear Julius, Leslie, and all,
     Your talk of the mass flowering of E. aureum was interesting.  I have
had to remove large quantities of E. pinnatum from my yard, and have found a few
flowers each time. Last spring I found about 6 flowers when I removed a 60
foot tall queen palm that was covered with hundreds of feet of pinnatum vines.
And last week I found 3 flowers when I pulled down several hundred feet of
pinnatum vine from another palm tree.  So it seems that this species does flower
normally, though not with lots of flowers at a time.  Has anyone else seen
flowers on pinnatum in cultivation?  And no, I have not seen flowers on my E.
aureum plants ever.

Don Bittel