Re: [aroid-l] Dracunculus questions

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Dracunculus questions
  • From: "danny wilson" mudwasp_@hotmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 17:11:16 -0800

Hey there!
for question 1:  make sure the pointy end of the main tuber is facing up
for question 2:  yea, these suckers can get huge and often multiply like weeds, so containers are a good idea.  you can plant them in almost anything besides concrete or sugar and they will come up (maybe even in sugar)
hope i helped you out. good luck with the little monsters

>From: Rosalind
>To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu
>Subject: [aroid-l] Dracunculus questions
>Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 13:43:59 -0800
>
>Hi folks!
>
>I'm pretty much a lurker on this list, because I have just a few aroids as
>houseplants. However, I saw some pictures of Dracunculus vulgaris, and had
>one of those "can't live without them" reactions, so I purchased a few
>tubers.
>
>I have some basic questions about planting the tubers - my apologies for my
>extreme ignorance, or if these questions cover ground that his been covred
>before on the list:
>
>1) One side of the tuber has structures on it that basically look like
>unpeeled garlic cloves - should they face upwards or downwards when I plant
>the tubers?
>
>2) Any suggestions on the type of potting mix I should use? I know these
>plants can get big, but I'm going to start them in containers.
>
>thanks so much for your suggestions and help -
>
>-Roz, in Southern California

Customize MSN Messenger with backgrounds, emoticons and more.