[aroid-l] Spathiphyllum 'Alfa'

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Spathiphyllum 'Alfa'
  • From: Pieter Colpaert pieter_cactus@yahoo.co.uk
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:25:00 +0000 (GMT)

I'm new on this group. I am Pieter Colpaert from Belgium and I'm a
master student in bio-engineering.
For my thesis, I am working on the genetics for flower induction of
Spathiphyllum cv. 'Alfa'. And I am still looking for some additional
information on this plant to use in the introduction.
I do know that this is a hybrid between Spathiphyllum cv. 'Daniel' and
Spathiphyllum cv. 'Pallas'. But does someone here know what botanical
species these cultivars are made of? I think S. floribundum and S.
wallisii are among the ancestors. Am I correct? Or are there still
others involved?

Pieter Colpaert
Avelgem, Belgium