  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] INTERNATIONAL AROID SYMPOSIUM, BORNEO, 2004
  • From: Gusman Guy ggusman@ulb.ac.be
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:54:13 +0100 (MET)

>Dear All
>I am seriously investigating the possibility of organizing an INTERNATIONAL
>AROID SYMPOSIUM, in November 2004 here in Kuching, the state capital of
>Sarawak, Malaysia, on the NW coast of Borneo. The rough outline is for the
>symposium to be spread over one week (Sunday evening - Friday inclusive)
>with 3 1/2 days of presentations & poster sessions and one day spent in the
>field at a nearby National Park.
>This is an initial emailing to gauge interest in such a Symposium. If you
>think that there is a chance that you will attend, and you wish to receive
>the first circular, please email me at the following address:

What a wonderful project. Yes, we should be happy attending the symposium. In this case, I could make an oral presentation on Arisaema, of course, scientific subject, details to be given later.
I am very happy to hear from you and - at least I hope - to see you again in Sarawak.
Did you grow arisaemas?