RE: [Aroid-l] titanum goes mainstream

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] titanum goes mainstream
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" <mmarcotr@email.smith.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:26:18 -0500

Mine took 2 years (2 leaves) to get 24 inch span. Now at 5 it is near
ready to bloom (we hope). The corm is bigger than a basketball and the
leaf over 7 feet tall.

_______________________________

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College
Lyman Conservatory, 15 College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
www.smith.edu/garden
www.science.smith.edu/~mmarcotr
"Art is the unceasing effort to compete with
     the beauty of flowers and never succeeding."
          Marc Chagall

>>> Tropicals@SolutionsAnalysis.net 11/24/04 08:23AM >>>
Our A. titanum is 22" tall and 24" span and it is 5 months of age, a
seedling.  I question an A. titanum of smaller dimensions being 'years'
old.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all our aroid friends here on the board.

Respect,
Christian and Bill

Your AlterNative Solutions Team
www.SolutionsAnalysis.net