Re: [Aroid-l] HTML

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] HTML
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:52:09 -0600 (CST)

This shouldn't be happening, because we've enabled a listserver option
which is supposed to convert HTML to plain text before distributing a
post. (HTML posts are one of the banes of listservers everywhere;
unfortunately it's not practical to just delete them.)

But after reading Jason's post, I've looked at the filters again and see a
loophole which I think will cause exactly what he's seeing - HTML being
deleted rather than converted.

I'm going to change the filters immediately. I don't expect any bad
results from this change, but then people who make changes seldom do. If
things do look odd, please just send me an e-mail privately.

Steve

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 MossyTrail@cs.com wrote:

> Lately there have been an inordinate number of HTML attachments
> scrubbed, often the entire content of a message.  I do not know whether
> this appears as such to everyone, or is associated with recieving posts
> in digest form, but it is certainly inconvenient for someone like me who
> has to follow a link to the archives and sign in just to read a current
> post.  Is there any way to solve this problem?

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com