Re: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Konnyaku- jelly cups !!

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Konnyaku- jelly cups !!
  • From: piaba piabinha@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:46:21 -0800 (PST)

i'm surprised at people choking on these jelly cups,
but then i shouldn't.  i always thought the choking
hazard was from its size, not its consistency (which
is no different than regular jelly), and with young
children or pets swallowing the whole thing, cup and
all.  i'm surprised they don't just outlaw jelly

and susan, the juice squirting is all part of a big
conspiracy (like soup dumplings)...  :-)

tsuh yang

--- michael mahan <agavestar@covad.net> wrote:

> These fruit jelly cups have been outlawed here
> California. Many children
> have been killed &/OR brain damaged ,from these as
> they lodge in the throat
> AND do not dissolve making them a very cruel plug
> that can't be easily
> removed except in a hospital setting ,with that
> being way to late to save
> the child's life
> Michael Mahan
> The small cups of fruit flavored jelly hold a square
> piece of almost
> flavorless konjac (or what I always assumed was the
> konjac part).  You can
> see a photo of it here:
> There is also a small amount of juice in the cup,
> which usually squirts out
> at you when you peel off the foil cover.
> Susan

Aroid-l mailing list