Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia tigrina vs zebrina

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia tigrina vs zebrina
  • From: "Alistair Hay" ajmhay@hotmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:10:54 +1100

Its up to our friends in the Philippines who are able to observe live plants in the wild to decipher whether or not A. wenzelii and A. tigrina are different species from A. zebrina.

However, when I looked at these species from herbarium specimens 10 years ago, they seemed to me to intergrade in the wild. If that is the case, these horticultural forms under discussion are probably much better recognised as cultivars of A. zebrina. - JMO