Re: [Aroid-l] Trademark Names

Dear Tony,

thank you for your reply! I did not know that therwe is an International Nomenclature. I just saw, that Prowen winners usally do this. They protected these Oxalis varieties all over the world, and they started the patenting at one time both in Europe and in America.

Now I can look for the proper Amecican names (from Euro American Propagators catalogue): Oxalis 'Charmed Jade', 'Charmed Wine' and 'Charmed Velvet'.

I also do not urderstand if it is derived from O. triangularis why don't they use the proper name. This is the most annoying from all.

I can tell you, that we have asked many dutch perennial traders to send us a catalogue. We compared their lists and prices. And there were many plants just with a genus name without epitheton. There were just so many Graniums with a variety name, so the others were looking for an epitheton. Most of them were oxonianum, as they saw. But is it hard for the secretarys to type an epitheton? I do not think so, becouse we have more than 4000 perennials in our list. We hope it is correct, but this can cause many problems.

Tony, I'll read your article today. Now I have to go...