Amorphophallus TITANUM availability?

  • Subject: Amorphophallus TITANUM availability?
  • From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:33:39 -0800 (PST)

I am currently selling a number of tubers on ebay for those interested. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZironious01

--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Dan Levin <levin@pixar.com> wrote:
From: Dan Levin <levin@pixar.com>
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus availability?
To: "Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 4:36 PM

Hi Jared,

Though not quite yet to the extent of appearing in a Home Depot garden
center nearest you... A. titanum has been faring quite well in
horticulture
and is no longer the rarity it once was.

I can further report that the UC Berkeley Botanical Garden currently has
a number of strong seedlings in cultivation (available for purchase,
btw)
resulting from a direct cross of two of Jim Symon's infamous lot.

The seedlings have been offered periodically at the Garden for $30 but
(lest we forget the money's going to a good cause here...) nevertheless
suspect I could obtain an even better price for IAS members if folks are
interested.

Please feel free to respond to me off-list if you'd like- and this
applies to
any/ all interested parties. I would be happy to assist in any way.

-Dan