Re: The Genera of Araceae

  • Subject: Re: The Genera of Araceae
  • From: "Betsy Feuerstein" <ecuador10@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:43:36 -0600

I suspect that David is looking for the book, ‘The Genera of Aracea’ by S.J. Mayo, J. Bogner, P.C. Boyce, not the one referenced below. First published 1997, ISBN 1 900347 22 9, Printed in Belgium by Continental Printing.

Aroid books: The Genera of Araceae by S. J. Mayo, J. Bogner and P. C. Boyce Kew: Royal Botanic Gardens, 1997
http://www.aroid.org/literature/goa/goath.gifThis book is the first complete taxonomic treatment in English of the Araceae, a large plant family of 105 genera and over 3,300 species. The aroids are very diverse in the humid tropics and include many of the world's most popular ornamental plants. Every genus is described and illustrated with one or more plates of original line drawings by the renowned botanical artist Eleanor Catherine, as well as range maps and 94 colour photos. There are general chapters on many topics, including economic botany, phylogenetic relationships, fossils, cultivation and detailed reviews of anatomy (by J. C. French) and chemistry (by R. Hegnauer). xii + 370pp. 296 x 213mm. Hard cover ISBN 1 900347 22 9. The Genera of Araceae is currently out of print, though a new edition is being contemplated.

This came off of the IAS web site. Do not know if it is available through IAS