Re: Alocasia Amazonica and Alocasia x Amazonica

  • Subject: Re: Alocasia Amazonica and Alocasia x Amazonica
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:44:47 -0600

Thanks Geneviève!  This helps me to understand more of what I've been trying to learn.  My question now would be how did Édouard André write about a hybrid plant that in theory didn't exist at the time he died?  Had someone already done the cross much earlier?  Are we talking about the same cross?

Anyone??

Steve

Famille FERRY wrote:
Dear Steve,

I do not master the English and I do not fully understand your message.

We speak whith French ? Edouard André or André Michaux?

 I took the opportunity to recall that Anthurium andraeanum is dedicated to Edouard André. It is her friend Linden who has dedicated this species.

 André is the official name  of the french  botanist Édouard André (1840- 1911).

André Michaux, born March 7, 1746 in Versailles, died October 11, 1802 in Tamatave (Madagascar), was a botanist and explorer French.

It is very interesting to understand the origin of names.

Steve  thank you very much for your detective work. It is exciting.

Best regards ,
Geneviève

id-l

begin:vcard