Aroid or not?

  • Subject: Aroid or not?
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:01:28 +0100

I've got an ID request, the person asks if it may be an aroid.
In this phase and condition it seems to be impossible what plant it is.
Plants of the Araceae produce roots just below the leaf bud.
This one has no roots at all, it can be the top of an aroid tuber,
but it can also belong to any bulbous plants like Tulipa or Hyacinthus
What do you think?