Re: Aspidistra lurida 'Milky Way'

Thanks Tony.We have assembled a good sized Aspidistra collection in the last few years and noticed several of changed names recently.
Eric Schmidt
Botanic Records
Harry P. Leu Gardens
1920 N. Forest Ave.
Orlando, FL.  32803  USA
ph. #  (407)-246-3749
fax #  (407)-246-2849

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Tony Avent <tony@plantdelights.com> wrote:
Don, Eric:
If you thought aroid taxonomy is in a shambles, try Aspidistra.  For this reason, we started our on-line Aspidistra study gallery.  Although it's not complete yet, it will eventually contain images of our entire collection of 105 Aspidistra species and cultivars.  We are fortunate to work with several European taxonomists, most notably Dr. H.J. Tillich, who are assisting us in naming new species at an amazing rate.  I hope this helps.
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony@plantdelights.com
website  http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three times" - Avent
Florida has a very broad public records law. As a result, any
written communication created or received by the City of
Orlando officials and employees will be made available to the
public and media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records.

If you do not want your email address released in response
to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to
this office. Instead, contact our office by phone or in writing.

Aroid-L mailing list